Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Zuchinni Bread

Well, Steve has been camping with his brothers and I'm bored so I thought I would share a recipe I have for zuchinni bread. It is REALLY good!
We got our garden in a little late this year but hopefully this next month we should have some zuchinni ready to eat!
I got this recipe from my mom, who got it from her friend Vicky. I'm not sure if it was her own or one she got from somewhere.

Zuchinni Bread
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
Beat the above ingredients together.
Add the following-
2 cups zuchinni* 2 tsp.vanilla
3 cups flour 1/4 tsp.baking powder
1 tsp.baking soda 2 tsp. cinnamon

Makes one loaf. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour.
I actually make two loaves out of this recipe, and I cut the baking time down to 45-50 mins.

* I chop mine up and put it in a blender or food processor until it is a puree. The bread holds together better this way then if you just grate/shred the zuchinni.

No comments:

Post a Comment