Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Flower clips tutorial

This is my first tutorial with pictures. Please bear with me as I try to get better at this!
These flower clips are everywhere! And so easy to make! I use any flower I find that I think will be cute in my daughters hair. I buy alligator clips because they grip the hair and don't fall out as easy. I also use french barrets. I buy them from http://www.theribbonretreat.com/. They are so cheap! A pack of 10 alligator clips are $2.00. And the french barrets were 20 for $1.50!








This one I made from a scrapbook flower.








One of my favs! Just a silk flower from Roberts.








You will need a hot glue gun, ribbon, scissors, any flower,{it can be silk or a scrapbook flower}, and your hair clip.










First,pull the blossom off of the vine and snip the end off so your flower will lay flat.













Then lift up each layer and put dabs of hot glue in between the layers.{ This is to make sure the flower dosen't fall apart}
















Flip the barret over so the underside is facing up. Put a little dab of glue on the end and press the folded end of your ribbon on to it. {You want to fold the end of your ribbon under so you don't have an unfinished end showing}














The bottom should look like this.


















Then put some glue across the top and press the ribbon on, tucking under the end.















So your clip should now look like so.


















Again, another fuzzy photo. Sorry! I couldn't get it to focus for some reason! Put hot glue across the top of the barret and then place your flower on over that and press down firmly.









Voila! You now have your flower clip! I made a pair so my daughter can wear them with two pigtails.


















1 comment:

  1. And you thought you wouldn't have anything to post! I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete