Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Monday, July 13, 2009

Boo block

Isn't this a cute little block? I know the picture is a little fuzzy, but you get the idea! Even though Halloween is still a couple of months away I had to make this! I found this paper at the local scrapbook store last week. I loved the owls eyes and knew I had to do somthing with it that was Halloweenish!




First, I cut about a 6 inch block off of a 2x4. Sanded it down and painted it a terra cotta orange.
Then I sanded the edges and brushed some stain over the edges to give it a little bit of a distressed look. The picture dosen't really show the edges that well, does it?


Then I tore a piece of the owl paper to fit the block and ran a sepia colored ink pad over the edges.





Brush some mod podge onto the block. This is your glue.








Then press the paper on. Brush some more mod podge over the paper, smoothing the paper out as you go to prevent it from bubbling up.





I cut the letters out of black vinyl with my Cricut. But you could use any type of alphabet stickers. Or even write the letters on with a thick, black, magic marker.
Simple, but cute!










No comments:

Post a Comment