Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Baked Potatoes in the Summer

Of course being an Idaho girl I love potatoes! There are so many ways to eat them...french fries, hashbrowns, casseroles, potatoe cakes, mashed, and of course, baked!
However, I hate using my oven in the summer because it makes the kitchen so hot! ugh! How to have baked potatoes in the summer without heating up the place......use the crockpot! You heard me right, the crockpot.
Scrub your potatoes, wrap in tin foil, poke a couple of holes in the ends to allow the steam out. Place the potatoes in the crockpot, cover and cook on high for four hours. And you have a yummy meal of baked potatoes without ever turning on your oven!

1 comment: