Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hair bows

Aren't these bows cute? I saw something similar on a blog, forever-a-go. I don't remember where. I got a grab bag full of ribbon at The Ribbon Retreat{http://www.theribbonretreat.com/} in Shelly the other week, and started playing around with some of them and thought I would make these. I've never done these bows before. What do you think?

They are a lot cuter in person. After I put them in my daughters hair, I realized I should have made them a little smaller. I need to trim the edges in, I think. And never mind the yellow pony tail holders in her hair. She wanted to wear some Disney Princess ones.






Start off by putting a dot of hot glue on the end or your ribbon. Fold it over. Then glue the folded end underneath the barrette.













Run some glue across the top of the barrette.














Press your ribbon on.












Then you snip off the ribbon, not too close to the barrette. Add a dot of glue to the end and fold it over so it's glued that way.














Then glue the folded end under the barrette.















In this picture I'm trying to show how the ribbon is folded and glued underneath the barrette.



















I made two of them. This is what they should look like after you have covered them with ribbon.













Then I just picked out the ribbon I wanted and tied a knot in the middle and hot glued them on. After you cut your ribbon, burn the edges just a little to prevent raveling. Darling,huh?












1 comment:

  1. Darling...I've got to start making bows for Millie's hair...she doesn't have as much as V but enough for bows! These ones look so simple. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete