Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Quote blocks

These are so easy to make! And they make great, inexpensive gifts as well!
The first one I made for a friend who is also into crafting. I thought the saying matched her perfectly!


I bought a 2x4 and cut it down to the size of block I wanted. The first one was I think 6 inches and the second one was about 8 inches.

I sanded the block down and painted it the color I wanted.

Then sanded the edges again.

Then I typed the saying out on my computer and used the the font I wanted from there. And printed it out on cardstock. The thicker your paper the easier it is to apply to the block.

I brushed some mod podge on the front of the block and pressed the paper on top, smoothing it out from the center towards the outside. The thinner your paper, the more it can bubble up. That's why I went with card stock!

Then I brushed some more mod podge over the front.

Then I just tied a ribbon around the whole thing.Cute, aren't they? This second one I made for a friend that homeschools her children. Again, I thought the saying fitted her.
I've also made one of these that has a quote about family on it.That's what is so great about this craft. You can do any saying you want and personalize it for who ever or where ever it is going!




No comments:

Post a Comment