Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Monday, August 31, 2009

Fall blocks

Another Fall craft! And again, an easy one! { Please don't mind the stack of sheet music in the back ground!}

I had my hubby cut a 2x6 piece of wood into 8 inch blocks. AND he sanded the wood for me without me having to ask him! {I'm so lucky to have a husband like him!}
I sponge painted the wood a 'Bittersweet Chocolate' color that I got from Glidden Paint for free! I sanded the edges a little { the more you get to know me, you'll notice I almost always distress things }. Then I cut out some scrapbook paper to the size I wanted and mod podged it on. Then I added my vinyl letters and some ribbon.

Here's a little bit closer up shot of the blocks. I think it turned out pretty nice!



No comments:

Post a Comment