Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

'Harvest' Block

Okay, first off. I have to ask," Does anyone know why wood measures differently then what it is supposed to measure?" Example, I buy a 4x4, but it REALLY measures 3 1/2 x 3 1/2.

I couldn't remember what this block of wood was SUPPOSED to be. But right now it measures 1 1/2 x 2 1/2. And I cut it to a length of 8 in.

I didn't take step-by-step photos, because whenever I do they just seem to be all fuzzy...

Anyway, I sanded this block down and painted it an 'Autumn Brown'. Then I Mod Podged on some scrapbook paper. I cut the big H out of black vinyl, and the word HARVEST out of brown vinyl. I applied the big H first. Then HARVEST over that. I cut the leaves out of a piece of scrapbook paper that had leaves on it. And I Mod Podged those on as well. Then I just covered the whole front of the block with a thin layer of Mod Podge.



Turned out pretty cute, huh? I also made one for Thanksgiving I'll show you when we get closer to that time...

2 comments:

  1. Mary... I want to make that!! So cute!! We need to have a craft day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! What a great fall project.

    ReplyDelete