Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Zuchinni Chocolate Cake/Bread

I made cupcakes with this recipe the other day and They. Were. Delicious! All three of us couldn't stop eating them! You can't even taste the zucchini! I got the recipe out of 'The Essential Mormon Cookbook', which I originally bought from http://www.deseretbook.com/, But I couldn't find it there anymore...

Anyway, my friend Jamie asked for the recipe and when I gave it to her she said she uses the exact same recipe to make bread. The only thing different was the chocolate that you use. So I tried the bread, and it was just as yummy!



Here's the original recipe~


Zucchini Chocolate Cake


1 cup vegetable oil


2 cups sugar


3 eggs


2 1/2 cups flour


1/2 teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon baking soda


1/4 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 cup milk


*3 {1-ounce} squares unsweetened baking chocolate


1 tablespoon vanilla


2 cups grated Zucchini



In a large bowl combine oil, sugar, and eggs. In a separate bowl sift dry ingredients; add to first mixture. Add milk and mix well. Melt baking chocolate in the microwave for 20-second intervals, until just melted. Blend chocolate and vanilla into batter. Stir in Zucchini. Bake in a greased 9x13 baking dish at 350 for about 25 minutes. Cool and frost with either a homemade or store bought chocolate frosting.


* If making bread, use 1/2 cup cocoa instead. Add chocolate chips if you like! This makes two loafs. It took a little longer to bake all the way thru, just bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment