Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

I made this over the weekend and was going to take a picture to get your mouth watering. But I couldn't find the camera. My hubbie had taken it hunting! I think it might be time for me to get my own... Anyway, my three nieces and nephew were over, so by the time I DID have the camera, there was no bread left to take a picture of.
But let me tell you, this is really yummy bread. I loved it and the kids loved it! You need to try it out!
I got the recipe out of 'The Essential Mormon Cookbook'. Again. But honestly, everything I try in this book is yummy! And I have to share it! Plus, it will make your home smell yummy!
{This would also be a good treat to take around to your visiting Teaching sisters, or your husbands home teaching families}


Pumpkin Bread

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter, sugar, and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix; set aside. In another bowl sift dry ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamy mixture. Beat until blended. Add chocolate chips and pecans, if desired. Grease one loaf pan or four mini loaves. Pour batter into pans. For one loaf, bake at 350 F. for about 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. For mini loaves, bake at 350 F. for about 35-40 minutes. Makes one loaf or four mini loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment