Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkeys for Pre-Schoolers

This last week, my daughter had a turn to bring a snack to pre-school. At first, I thought about making Navajo Fry Bread, because they had been learning about the Indians and pilgrims. And my husband is half Navajo, so I have his mom's recipe for fry bread. But then I saw these cute turkeys on a blog somewhere, and I thought I had to make them! Aren't they cute! Okay, some look a little deranged, but it was my first time making something like this!
I made them using oreo cookies, candy corn, Reese's Peanut butter cups, Whoppers and of course, frosting to hold them all together!
I asked my husband if they looked okay. If he thought the kids would like them. He said," They're pre-schoolers, all they're gonna see is sugar." He's right! They aren't going to care what they look like. It's all yummy goodies!




No comments:

Post a Comment