Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Super Hero Cape

For my daughter's fourth birthday I wanted to get her a super hero cape, since she is always running around with a blanket or something tied around her neck. I was going to make it myself, but...sewing really brings out the worst in me. I, in no way, find it relaxing or enjoyable. Yes, I can sew. But I try to do as little as possible!
A friend of mine, Jill, loves to sew! She has her own business, http://jillscraftycovers.blogspot.com/ and she just started selling super hero capes. So I asked her if she would make a double-sided one for my daughter. I changed my mind about a dozen times with how I wanted it to look. But I finally made a decision and she had it made and in the mail before the week was over! And it turned out perfect!
On one side I asked her to do the CTR symbol.{CTR= Choose The Right}

Here's the other side, My daughters first initial~ Jill also makes hooded towels, nursing covers, and toy mats. Perfect gifts for Christmas, Birthdays, Baby showers, etc. And I think her prices are great! So go check her out at http://jillscraftycovers.blogspot.com/ and tell her Mary sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment