Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Exploding boxes

These are Christmas gifts I've made for a couple of people in our families. They are called Exploding boxes. I don't have a tute on them. I learned how to make them at my sister's 'Super Saturday'.{That's a day where, once a year, in our church the ladies get together and craft all day! My ward didn't do one this year, so my sister invited me to hers!}
But what you do is get a 12x12 scrapbook paper. Cut about a 4 inch square out of each corner. Then with what's left is what you make your box out of. Does that make sense? You can add as many layers as you want. Just make sure each one is smaller then the one before. So that means, with my next piece of paper, I cut 4 1/4 inch squares out of the corners. Then you just glue your layers together.....Am I making sense? You follow? The lids are made with a 4 1/2 inch squared piece of paper that you fold and glue to fit on top if the box.....Again, it's hard to explain. I've seen tutes on these on others blogs. I'm sure you can find one somewhere...
At first look, they look innocent, don't they?

Here's what happens when you take the lid off. The sides fall open and I've added pictures all around! There are a few layers of pictures.

Here's a closer view of the layers. Again,you can add as many as you want. Just make each one smaller than the one before.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. A great gift idea for Grandmas, if I can find the time in the next week!

    ReplyDelete