Disclaimer

I created this blog so I would have somewhere to journal and share the things I make and do. I try not to steal other's ideas. Some of what I make I have seen in homes or in stores. Or I make a spin-off of something I have seen elsewhere. I will always try to give the proper credit where it is due.
~Mary

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Little Pink Chicken {Sweet and Sour Chicken}

I've never been a fan of sweet and sour chicken. Until I found a yummy recipe for it! I found the recipe here. She found the recipe in the "The WorldWide Ward" cookbook. {She also gives the story behind why it's called Little pink chicken} You really should give it a try! This is now a family favorite at our house!

Little Pink Chicken {Sweet and Sour Chicken}

2 large chicken breasts
1/2 tsp garlic salt
cornstarch
1 egg beaten w/ 1 T water
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tsp salt
2 T soy sauce

Cut chicken in pieces and sprinkle with garlic salt. Let sit 1 hr. Dip in cornstarch, then in beaten egg. Fry in hot oil until brown. Place in casserole dish. Combine sugar, vinegar, ketchup, chicken broth, salt and soy sauce. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring mixture halfway thru. Pour over chicken and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until the sauce is thickened. Makes 6-8 servings.
I also made some fried rice to serve with this. Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment